I wanted someone to come and organize our home, what I got was so much more, Samantha taught us how! The storage and organization solutions she created for us have been paying dividends everyday! she has an amazing understanding of how to organize any space to maximize efficiency. Amanda
When I first contacted Sam, I was at a low point — I was overwhelmed with having 3 young kids (ages 5, 3, and 1), the house was bursting at the seams with “stuff”, this “stuff” was laying around everywhere with no semblance of organization.
Enter Sam! She came over for an initial consultation and took a look around our disaster of a house. She saw the piles of nonsensical stuff. She saw the closets bursting at the seams. She saw the garage that had zero cars but mountains of more stuff. Did she freak out? Did she judge me? NO! She was so sweet and supportive and determined to help me out. She mapped out a plan for us to work little by little, closet by closet, room by room. She was confident that we could find a solution to get our house in order.
And that’s what we did! We worked for 2-3 hours every week. We started at the front of the house (the main entryway and hall closet), and worked our way through different rooms in the house. We focused on areas that Sam called “hot spots”, i.e. areas that tended to accumulate a lot of clutter. Here, however, are my top 5 reasons that Sam changed my whole life (no joke!):
(1) She brought different organizational items that she thought might work in my space. Some days she brought containers, other days it was labels. She brought anything and everything she thought might be helpful.
(2) She helped me sort through literally every single item in my household. She stood next to me and asked which pile each item belonged — the “keep”, the “donate”, or the “throw away” pile. I was able to see EVERY item I owned and figure out what to do with it next. If I was conflicted and didn’t know what to do with something, she didn’t pressure me. She just said, “ok, let’s keep, and figure it out later.” And I really WOULD figure it out later. After our sessions, I was able to evaluate whether that item was important enough to keep. If it was, we would figure out where to put it; if not, we tossed it the next session.
(3) She offered to haul away the stuff that I put in the “throw away” pile, and bring to Good Will the stuff that I put in the “donate” pile.
(4) She taught me a good method of clearing out cluttered spaces. As mentioned above, we categorized all items into “keep”, “donate”, and “throw away”. It was so effective for me that I was able to do this on my own even without her. She changed my mindset! In a REALLY GOOD WAY!
(5) Because Sam helped to de-clutter my home, she helped to de-clutter my mind. Seriously. It’s amazing how much stress is lifted when your home is a little more organized.
So for all of that and much more, I am so thankful Sam entered my life and became my organizational angel. To this day, I can still call her and ask for help when my home needs some organizational maintenance. She is the best!