Thank you for your interest in working with me! Below you'll find open positions and requirements for submitting an application.
SO | Home was founded in 2010 with a mission to help families simplify home organization. My goal was initially accomplished through The Simply Organized Blog. Since then, we have expanded into in-home organizing services, custom space design and today we have major sponsorships with well known organizing Brands and a rapidly growing online presence with Instagram and TikTok. We also regularly contribute to Better Homes & Gardens publications.
With the continued growth, we are looking for Organizers and Organizing Assistants to join our team. Are you an excellent multi-tasker, extremely organized, detail-oriented, a self-starter, resourceful, approachable, fun to work with and want to put your skills to use in a dynamic and growing environment…if so, we’re searching for those with an interest in building an organizing career.
This role will begin as an Organizing Assistant as you learn how to solve all levels of organizing issues, our signature workflow, and how to engage professionally with clients and ultimately transition into a Professional Organizer role working in a specific region of the Bay Area.
• Conduct or participate in the initial “In-Home Consultation & Assessment” to determine overall needs, scope of work, clients budget, additional family members or stakeholders, and timeline.
• Conduct or participate in developing an action plan and obtaining the clients approval.
• Directly work with Samantha to declutter and organize for SO | Home clients to learn the brands signature aesthetic, methodology and how to professionally / ethically work in-home with clients.
• Participate in the overall, day-to-day activities of decluttering and organizing, executing the project from start to finish; including on-site work, shopping for / returning organizing products (if required), scheduling of third party contractors (painters, handyman, TCS installation services) and managing the delivery of donations to local charities / haul away of dump / recycling items throughout the project.
• Responsible for monitoring quality standards, policies and procedures (as outlined by SO Home), track project budget, schedule with client during the duration of the project, and be prepared to perform corrective actions if requirements are not being met.
• Communicate with Samantha via email any client project expenses, details of goals met during the day or project, or additional resources needed.
• Drive sales performance for SO | Home by building relationships that generate client referrals.
• Pursue/receive training in organizing methodology, both inside and outside the company as relevant, at the company’s request.
• Keep ALL projects, locations and client information in total confidence.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, proactive, problem solver, strong organizational skills with an eye for detailed, beautiful, calm outcomes / visuals.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Punctual, patient, non-judgemental, confidential.
• Excellent listening skills and ability to not disclose your personal experiences / opinions, comfortable with quiet work environment.
• Deliver a calm experience for the client.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of customer service aptitude; clear and concise speaking and communications ability, good writing skills.
• Be able to work independently while managing multi-dimensional projects, schedule, and requirements.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct and control.
• Ability to deal with ambiguous situations or information.
• Project Management experience.
• Meet physical expectations of the job; able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
• Work in-home with clients.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Part-time and full-time positions are available
• Flexible hours
• Hourly base rate
• Training on the SO Home method
• Some travel may be required
Send your resume along with a 3-5 minute video telling us about yourself, any relevant background or experience organizing and what interests you in joining the Simply Organized team. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and job title you are applying for in the subject line.