outdoor organization update & a quick fix

Mar 30

our outdoor organization project slowed down a bit because of rainy weather and an issue with the sod. the farm that grows grass wasn’t harvesting our particular lawn – zoysia grass.

 

the things you learn while working on a home project! 

when we purchased our home, the lawns were already here. we had no idea what kind of grass we had, and really didn’t have an interest in knowing. it wasn’t until we ran into a few issues with small spots dying and then needed sod for the play area that we suddenly panicked. we had no idea how many lawn varieties there were until we began this project.

once we finally had the lawn variety figured out, we had to wait for the farm to begin cutting grass. we were so excited when we got the phone call letting us know the sod was ready!

here is the play area with the old swing set in place…

here is the play area after we sold the swing set and before the rocks were removed…

here is the play area after the rocks were removed and the dirt was placed for leveling…

and here is the current play area status – with the new sod and the sand box in place…

we love watching everything come back to life in the spring. it’s so green and pretty here right now!

having a project take longer than anticipated has its annoyances – but also some great benefits. while waiting for the sod, we were able to see the drainage in this area. that helped us determine where the sand box would be placed. you can see here that this area is still on a bit of a slope…

the best spot for the sand box is in this corner, where the water does not hit while draining down the slight slope…

this weekend we are buying the sand to fill the box and there will be more progress to share with you as we add some fun things to this newly grassed play area!

can’t wait to watch the grass settle in and become a permanent part of our yard…

we have a lot of fun plans!

i mentioned in here that things have been a bit slow the last 2 weeks because the boys were out on spring break and then my daughter and i went home for a few days. it was a wonderful trip! but now that i’m back, i’m gearing up to share some really fun projects! in between unpacking and doing laundry, i managed to get one small project accomplished.

i fixed these 2 beauties we picked up on sale a few weeks ago…

they were on super sale at pottery barn because they both had a broken closure. i had to have them and knew they were an easy fix…

i picked up these inexpensive magnets at michael’s…

the lanterns have a perfect little spot for a small magnet on the inside of the door…

i simply added the small magnet…

and now it closes…

have a great weekend!

comments +

I'd Love To Hear From You!

DESIGN BY TONIC SITE SHOP

|

terms of service & privacy policy

|

© Samantha Pregenzer | Bay Area, California